SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

we are now due for a solid leg down; l think how far is any...

1. 2,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    we are now due for a solid leg down; l think how far is any bodies guess 1 day or 6 months??

I would think a lot of the fund managers will be breathing a big sigh of relief, and should now become very sparky ? my opinion only

a lot of them l suspect would have been caught well short at the start of the year and their funds would have been trending back to a typical index return?? again my opinions

(why use an expensive fund manager when you can just use the index?)

for very long term investors you dividends due this year were the same this week, as last. dividends due next year can pretty much be conservatively estimated now. (I always estimate a year in advance)

Q: in the GFC dividends fell by 40%. what has changed? A: banks... (l think) now in a real crisis dividends can disappear as we saw at the start of the pandemic

I good exercise l have found is look at LIC's and the share breakdowns. sone now use shorts. PIC held a small 1-2% position in BEAR.

I still like PGF holding at least 10% (of 110%) in shorts. in fact it's the only LIC l am holding and plan to only add over the next decade. the others have just dropped off.. l like a serious active fund manager. my preference

welcome to be corrected on anything my opinions only

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.