SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

The FED announces their decision on rates on our Thursday...

1. 1,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    The FED announces their decision on rates on our Thursday morning (2pm 14-6-2023 US time). If you believe the general comments on the Internet most are expecting a pause. Australia and Canada both surprised the market by raising their rates, which has created some caution.
    The FED does not want to break their economy, so I agree that they will pause. This will most likely drive the market higher, but I would not bank on it, there will be a hoard of traders waiting to sell the news.
    There are many cracks appearing in the US economy, but for now the FED manipulation & the shear volume of free cash chooses to ignore the negatives and focus on any positive news. What I'd like to see is a euphoric moment (like a 4% rally) and then top up on BBUS a week or two afterwards. The ASX is a dangerous market at the moment, I'm still heavy in cash and gold, but buying small amounts of various stocks as they tank. We're not getting the hedge effect at the moment because the big money is running the market, they are shaking the tree, which makes it hard to time even a basic trade. Looking very likely that we're going to see a cliff in September- October. All IMHO.
    Last edited by swaggytrader: 13/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.