SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

BBUS, page-7093

1. 532 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    The numbers are good (for the economy) and do come as a slight surprise however, the market was already up quite a lot before open and I didnt really see a massive uptick.

My conclusion is either the market already expect this beat, or there was something within it they are cautious of. We've had a very green week (Congrats to those who stepped back this week) so I'd say this was already to an extent priced in.

There was some negativity to find, with new unemployment claims up and so is COVID - those are 2 real problems so we should now expect to see potential future lock-downs priced into the market. Add to this concerns around Biden polling ahead of Trump and i'd say the smart money isn't going to pile in here.

I think future stimulus in the short term is unlikely so that a positive for us, but im sure it'll come again when the economy takes a turn.

Long weekend coming up, so if we see further dramatic upticks (2 weeks ago we had an average around 20-25k per day, now we are double that) then i'd expect for further concerns to be shown. I don't think the market will really start moving until we see a material change

On a lighter note:
    Earlier this week I predicted either more stimulus or a circuit-breaker day. Once again I was flat out wrong although technically I was correct that they extended the PPP.
    (perhaps I should do analysis and then act the reverse to what I think is the right thing to do? -FML).

So I'm done predicting what's going to happen and when.
    GTLAH i'm exhausted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.