SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

I was tempted by SNAS a few days ago but resisted. I was nowhere...

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    I was tempted by SNAS a few days ago but resisted. I was nowhere near picking the bottom in March. I thought we’d go down to GFC levels. What makes me think I can now pick the top? I’m a bear in spirit but I’ve learnt my lesson. We all have regrets but best to push them aside and look forward. Mostly cash, I’m concentrating on quality small caps who aren’t on the radar much but whose business and business models appeal to me, and who can largely survive (hold their SP) in a broad market downturn. These are stocks I’m happy to either take a quick profit on or, if they go down, hold for ten years if needed (ref Buffett). There are some solid little Aussie companies out there with great potential. I’m staying away from the blue chips/large caps atm; their time will come, but imho I don’t think it’s now, especially for the short-term. A bear market will drag them all down, as will any sort of decent correction which is inevitable imo. The extreme bubble stocks frighten me atm. Good luck to all those punters who’ve made good money on them. Envy and regret are caustic to your health so I’m forcing myself to look five, ten years out. I’m also working on removing my emotions from the equation and treating these times as a valuable learning experience which will pay off in the long term ifIrememberthelessonslearnt.
    Our bears’ day in the sun will come. I think we will see the signals quite clearly and even though the top will have passed, the bottom will be far enough away for some decent short profits. End of ramble. Back to work!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.