SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

NWHURWDOWWORBOQSWMOES.OES? Typo?I gave u an upvote . A quick...

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    NWHURWDOWWORBOQSWMOES.
    OES? Typo?
    I gave u an upvote biggrin.png. A quick check and they have all gone up some, although maybe largely in response to a positive XJO, as mid-large caps tend to do when it’s business as usual for them. Yes there are some solid businesses there that bear a further look (pun intended). I’m a bear in spirit and traded bbus/bboz a while ago but I finally concluded that the risk/reward ratio wasn’t for me. Not interested in derivatives atm. I will go short again when market sentiment has obviously turned. Even though I’ll be a bit late to the bears’ picnic, I can’t see a better short-term strategy for me. Meanwhile, after making some dumb beginner’s mistakes (falling knives, selling too early etc) I’m now doing ok dabbling in small caps until the doo doo well and truly hits the fan (go IBX, MGT et al!). The problem for me as a bear’s bear is that I’m expecting a significant correction heralding or resulting from a major shift in sentiment to the downside, with this signalling the beginning of a bear market cycle. When this happens (no idea when), I think most stocks will be dragged down with it, no matter the quality. So as primarily a position trader (long-term investor), I’m between a rock (my bear DNA) and a hard place (the continuing post-GFC bull market). Maybe a metamorphosis required. Go into a cave as a bear and, voilà, emerge with horns and a ring through my nose...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.