SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

BBUS, page-9213

1. 532 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    Jumped back in for a chunk after the 3% drop and it's paid well sofar. Very tempted to take my profits (which reduced my loss by a whopping 10%!) and run but unsure how retail investors are going to react. Seeing a lot of the language I expected back in June on FB/HC/Reddit posts where profits have been wiped out.

I see a lot of people looking for the story of the sell, or the story of the buy. I think it's all just a little to volatile right now. People are talking about "its going down on no news, this is crazy" but we've just been through multiple months of essentially no news and a market going higher still.

My main concern is intervention reversing sentiment. Although at 3300 I think we're still too high to suggest anything can be done. Part of me considered Powell's comments around "we've done what we can, we really need fiscal stimulus now" makes me hope that the FED won't be taking any steps anytime soon.

One thing that's not really talked about from what i've seen is the lack of unemployment benefits since these lapsed on 31 July. This is the real economy and I dont think we've seen this impact arrive yet. So while I fear the interventionism equally I feel there is bad news ahead.

Once bitten twice shy though. Very nervous times ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.