IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

I actually don't think IOH would be interested in selling...

1. 7,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    I actually don't think IOH would be interested in selling Buckland Hills (or the Bungaroo South deposit) because it would leave us with not much else in our inventory - at least not much by the way of DSO deposits and Maitland can't be high on anyone's shopping list given the problems with just about every magnetite operation ever attempted.

There are still one or two of our central Pilbara satellites for sale though... It would be nice to offload those for some pocket change.

The Iron Valley development will be triggered shortly, and big pieces of the Buckland Project will also drop into place soon. Management will make the Buckland Project happen and IOH will be the new junior iron ore player in the Pilbara.

Once the Buckland model is firmly developed (or near development) IOH might use a little of it's cash to pick up one or two additional (smallish) DSO deposits within trucking distance of the new barge port. There will be plenty of potentially distressed sellers around hoping for a little bit of cash and it will place IOH in good stead for the future by extending the lifespan of the truck & barge operation.

FMG (for example) hold tenements in the neighbourhood of Buckland Hills. They are looking to sell assets - could there be some DSO on that land? Manohar will sniff it out if it's there, so I reckon IOH will potentially be looking to buy the right lease holdings and possibly competing with BCI to sniff out good value in the right location - i.e. trucking distance from the new proposed barge port operation.

All IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.