BCI 2.00% 24.5¢ bci minerals limited

I lived in Port Hedland many years ago and drove past the salt...

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I lived in Port Hedland many years ago and drove past the salt works all the time. I used to think, "What an industry. Steady demand and unlimited mine life." Much more recently I was looking for longer term investments than my usual flings and I thought of salt. Not glamorous or sexy, but always needed. And although it seems like anyone could do it, there are barriers to entry. Lots of flat land near the ocean in a climate with high evaporation and not too far from a port. Capital cost is high. Cyclones can turn nasty in that region so construction has to be robust.

My problem was that most of the salt operations are run by the big miners, thus not giving much leverage to salt itself. I did some googling and happened upon this company. My plan is to keep buying regularly up until start of production, and then who knows: steady SP increase and perhaps even dividends?

From what I can glean, salt is consistently needed for various industries so I'm hopeful of steady demand into the future. Is there any blue sky? Well possibly: I believe some research is directed at molten salt as a means of energy storage but obviously that is a fair way into the future if ever.

Anyway, that is my reasoning such as it is. And I've been wrong many times in the past so don't put faith in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $706.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ $88.60K 349.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 19675 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 249587 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.