SI6 0.00% 0.2¢ si6 metals limited

Couple interesting articles, but nothing really new or earth...

1. 565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    Couple interesting articles, but nothing really new or earth shattering......https://www.miningreview.com/news/norilsk-nickel-pushes-transaction-breakthrough-bcl/

"Government attempts to sell BCL and Norilsk Nickel assets

Various reports indicate at this stage that the Botswana government is looking to sell BCL, which will incorporate Tati and Nkomati, to potential suitors.Because the government has yet to secure a buyer it may look at selling the assets – smelter, shafts, etc. separately.
    Emirates Investment House is also said to be considering purchasing the assets but will not proceed until the existing liabilities are resolved.

South African entrepreneur Patrice Motsepe could also be looking at purchasing BCL. Considering his company ARM already owns 50% of Nkomati, the deal could make sense.
    Norilsk Nickel has had no further communications from minerals minister Sadique Kebonang on the way forward but remains hopeful that he will engage in dialogue shortly.
    Nkomati and Tati mine detail

For now, its ‘business as usual’ at Nkomati – Norilsk Nickel Africa continues to operate the mine together with joint venture partner African Rainbow Minerals.
    It employs 3 000 people including contractors.

Nkomati nickel mine in South Africa .
    While the deal to the government provided an opportunity for BCL, South Africa and Nkomati to beneficiate concentrate locally, the companies have had to revert back to sending their material to China and Europe for smelting.
    The mine is capable of producing up to 20 000 tpa of nickel, with additional chrome, platinum, palladium and copper by-products. Due to low nickel prices, the underground mine was placed on care and maintenance in 2016.
    “This resource is massive and open ended and can deliver well into the future at a higher nickel price,” says Marriott.
    The open pit remains operational and can produce nickel for eight or nine years.
    The Tati mine comprises a number of deposits which offer attractive exploration potential; including the Selkirk licence (situated just 10 km from the existing Phoenix pit) which Marriott says could be lucrative.
    The Phoenix pit requires investment into the development of a cut-back which would extend its lifespan by four or five years.
    The Tati operation also comprises a “superb” nickel processing facility which includes a state-of-the-art DMS plant. It was specifically designed to treat and process low grade nickel ores.
    In its early days Tati produced between 12 000 and 14 000 tpa of nickel."
    Feature image credit: Norilsk Nicke

https://africareportonbusiness.com/2017/07/30/no-new-offers-for-bcl-mine-kebonang/

"JULY 30, 2017
    At the moment the BCL mine has no offers except from an entity called Emirates Investment Holdings (EIH) and another Dubai based company seeking to re-process the BCL slag dump to recover metal values, Parliament has been told.
    Addressing parliament this week, Minister of Mineral Resources, Green Technology and Energy Security Sadique Kebonang said that should the mine find no suitable candidate by December 2017, the mine will come to a final liquidation."

See there was some turnover in BML today for a change.
    Regards to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SI6 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.737M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $5K 2.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 59890139 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 15058259 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.28am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SI6 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.