IIQ 0.95% 53.0¢ inoviq ltd

BD1 Clinical Efficacy and Valuation Discussion

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9171
    Hi all. I noticed that there was not a dedicated chat for discussing the clinical efficacy of BD1's pipeline in general or in comparison to other standard technologies, or potential valuations, so I thought I would make it. Very new to the scene (would have been great to be in at the start of the year - good god!) and am very impressed with what I see. Ahead of time, I thought I would share with you the standardised technologies used in the breast and ovarian screening space and compare them to the SubB2M technology.

The most common screening tool for breast cancer is a mammogram, which is used in conjunction with digital breast tomorsynthesis 75% of the time due to the increase in sensitivity and decrease in false positive tests (1 & below). The table below includes data from a couple of large, national studies evaluating the efficacy of the mammagrom and DBT + mammogram. The major limitations are that the mammogram efficacy may alter depending on the breast tissue it is examining and may not capture all breast cancer types. Addition of the DBT provides additional exposure to radiation. Clearly, the SubB2M data is very impressive in comparison to standard screening technologies, although further studies will be needed to confirm it's clinical efficacy.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3419/3419018-70d7b2da74edf44ddb788d08d2db5c15.jpg

The most common screening tool for ovarian cancer is transvaginal ultrasound (TVUS), with other biomarker tests (CA125 or HE4) being used as an adjunct if the scan is difficult to review. The major point of difference for the SubB2M ovarian technology is that there is 100% sensitivity and specificity at all stages of ovarian cancer, whereas the TVUS has difficulty identifying smaller, early-stage cancers. The biomarkers CA125 and HE4 are not sensitive or specific enough for front-of-line screening, as there are issues with the expression of these biomarkers in early stage cancers.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3419/3419048-bc99750f8fd7891d5df156e52d77f0f4.jpg

I will brielfy investigate other screening technologies being developed over the coming week or so to further evaluate the commercial risk for BD1. After this is done, I will be making a decision on entry. If anyone has links or summaries of other technologies currently in development that have competitive specificity or sensitivity for breast or ovarian cancers, I would love for you to share them.

1 https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/patient/breast-screening-pdq

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.0¢
Change
0.005(0.95%)
Mkt cap ! $48.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.0¢ 53.0¢ 53.0¢ $3.294K 6.215K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3385 53.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.0¢ 6130 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.03pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.