IIQ 2.65% 58.0¢ inoviq ltd

BD1, page-123

1. 1,314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    As a woman who has had both mammograms and biopsies, neither of which are pleasant, a simple blood test would alleviate uncomfortable testing and needless worrying.

In my case, I had a routine mammogram (for men to understand the process, this is pretty much the equivalent of getting your family jewels squashed between two metal plates until they resemble road kill...) and I waited a few days for the mammogram results to come back, of which, a mass was present. From that point on, of course, your mind goes to the worst possible scenario. From here, I was told I had to have a biopsy, and this is done via a guided ultrasound. More waiting for the biopsy to be scheduled. The biopsy needle is big. A puncture wound is needed for it to be guided thru to get pieces of the suspect lump. So, this biopsy is a medical procedure. I had to fill out forms, have pre-testing and wait for the biopsy appointment. It was both nerve-wracking and very, very scary. Following the biopsy, there was more waiting to find out if the lump was benign...or not. Luckily, in my case, the lump was benign, but there were at least two weeks of waiting and worrying. My world literally stopped during that time. I was only thirty years old. I had not yet had my son (he was born three years later). I wouldn't wish those feelings of helplessness on anyone

So, all that said, if one simple blood test can remove the above process, why wouldn't it be a medical breakthrough? Bring it on, I say!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.