NEM 0.48% $65.00 newmont corporation

be afraid, be very afraid........., page-6

1. 278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70
    re: up in the usa Well, according to the Bloomberg quotation from the link that I provided, the Bolivian vice President plans to “take control” of mining assets too.

I don’t think that they will have much trouble running the mine – the workers are already trained up and in place and they just need to replace the senior management.

I think that a country has every right to control their own resources and retain ownership of the country’s assets, but if they just seize control, break past agreements and don’t pay adequate compensation then they deserve economic sanctions.

The trouble is that the government that seizes the assets will get away with it for a decade or so, and be better off by keeping all of the mining royalties for themselves without paying the high development costs.

The country will pay in the longer term, when the geopolitical risk means that no company will want to invest.

Of course, the shareholders have lost their money in the meantime, and they never get it back even if there is a change of government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.00
Change
0.310(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $9.053B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.72 $65.00 $64.50 $15.21M 234.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 83 $64.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.00 2312 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.