AXM 0.00% 1.1¢ apex minerals nl

be confident

1. 55 Posts.
    Gself

You hit the nail on he head as well when you said:
    "I think Apex is in a precarious position, I personally do not think they will survive..."

The fact of the matter is neither does Mr Ashley. Here is what AFR article had to say on the issue of survival:

"Mr Ashley was not prepared to guarantee that the company would still be in existence in 6 months. His fear was the company would get swallowed up by a larger group".

I am certainly not trying to coax anyone into buying this stock, all I am saying is that this company is a prime take-over target, which is good for shareholders.

And, if you are suggesting that bad management is responsible for the current situation as opposed to poor assets then that sentiment only strengthens my point.

Again, with the gold price soaring to new record highs (1245/oz), consolidation within the sector currently taking place (i.e. Newcrest @ Lihir merger) and global financial instability reemerging I can not imagine a better time for a cashed-up company with a strong balance sheet to scoop up a potential 150,000 oz gold producer which is capitalized at just 50m.

These are very valuable assets in this market. But in the event that no offers are forthcoming for whatever reason (i.e Rudd super tax) one could always flog the Youanmi project to avoid administration, which is currently up for sale.

So at the end of the day: Will Apex continue to exist in their current form? Probably not. Will they go under? Probably not. Will there be value for shareholders in the event of a take-over? Yes - most likely.

As always DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.