Compulsory voting in Oz.... most of us make our own decisions...

1. 81 Posts.
    Compulsory voting in Oz.... most of us make our own decisions concerning our lives adjusting to all conditions... yet we are required to cast a vote.

This person is targetting me heavily solely because of my address to vote for his party or we'll all be poor and sorry. I'm not putting those words into his mouth, I am not asking for this attention, he is choosing to act this way. Just has he chose in the past to tell me that if I support him we will all be rich and prosperous full in the knowledge that he has very limited power to do any these things, knowing I am master of my own life yet he chose to target my vote with these spurious claims. This party chose to run campaign alluding that I should be scared of Islam and terrorists, when I am just not... I am fearful of criminals, I am fearful of being hit by a car, I am not fearful of a religion or women in veils. He had the opportunity to clarify this with me, he chose not to.

These people filter into every aspect of our lives monopolizing the media, not only claiming credit for my achievments, berating me with fears that I'm not convinced exist. These people are asking for my support so that they remain in the position to continue to filter into every aspect of my life with b!tching and whining... I am saying I will choose someone else far removed from your attitude. Of course you may assume the other team, when there is no basis for that assumption. He is asking to be leader, I am saying you showed little leadership when I needed that support.

I have no team... I do not barrack for any team. There is this opinion that I must support a team, one or the other. That is illogical. I just don't. These people are asking for my vote... I'm explaining that there are ramifications for gaining my support, the platform and methods employed also affect my choices.

This economic manager tripe is boring stupid and each time I see it presented as informed comment I want to puke!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.