be in and be cool, page-5

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    Scammer,

while you're correct most people resist change.. its infact counter to evolutionary sense.

For Instance:

People starting fires by rubbing two sticks together verse those who changed to using a flint-stone.. flint was far more effective and used less energy. Allowing those people more time for other productive endeavours. Evolution is all about change, resist and die essentially.

Many other examples but in terms of business:

Look at the difference between those businesses who embraced online shopping and those who resisted.

HN went way downhill by trying to resist online shopping where as fashion retailers such as asos have grown hugely by it..

Sure some people thought, and even still think 'I have to see the product to value it' or 'the internet isn't trustworthy with my money' and they didn't use it. But the majority of people adapted, and now have gotten things cheaper, of similar or better quality and by this, now have more money to spend elsewhere..

Change is evolution.

Some changes die out (if they aren't good) but I feel this one had too little time to be decided..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.