be optimistic!

1. 19 Posts.
    Hello everyone,

I have been following a lot of threads over the past 2 years within the property section and all I can say really is that nothing has changed much. Same boring story. Bears and Bulls running around like little lemmings pretending to know everything. My theory is: Australia is GREAT. Sydney's Eastern Suburbs is absolutely fantastic. For "Sale" signs have been on a steady increase, apparently the multi-million dollar properties have fallen in value over the past 16 months. Say about 20% over a year. But hey...they have risen by about 39556.4576% over the last decade. Seriously. Almost 40.000 percent! In 10 years. So I guess 20% fall is ok. Even a 1000% percent fall is ok. Unit values in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney have risen over the past 16 months. One guy bought a 2 bedder for 545,000 last year ... sold it a week ago for 685.000$. He did absolutely nothing to the unit. Like he bought, then he sold 15 months later and earned 140.000$. Awesome. Easy. Australia is different. Watch it on Youtube. Broccoli-man is always right! Hm. I'm renting in the same block. I'm a moron it seems. A poor little f%&$. Renting. Instead of getting a mortgage. A huge mortgage is great. Truly. Rational. Clever. Negative gearing. Awesome. More money. Stay optimistic guys. Property prices will forever rise in Australia. Young and dynamic country with an infinite supply of raw resources. Highly educated workforce. The demand for raw resources is infinite. The Government consists of extremely clever, forward-thinking visionaries (politicians) who implement one clever policy after another. The workforce is immensely productive. You only need 5 people, 4.75 walkie-talkies, 7 iPhones, 5 safety-helmets and 8 neon-yellow shirts to spin and operate the "Slow/Stop" sign at roadworks. National Broadband network is being implemented so in the Eastern Suburbs they dig up streets, put in optical-fibre cables, and leave streets in an immaculate condition. It's all going. It's all happening. You have by far the best public transport system in the world - it takes me only 45 minutes to get from Rose Bay to Surry Hills with a bus (around 6.56732km). About 50minutes if I walk. 20minutes by bicycle. That's fast. Productive. Efficient. Did I mention the sheer quality of roads...my GOD how smooth. Like a German Autobahn but much much more sophisticated. The speed limits are sensible and the trains are always on time every time. The quality of Australian workmanship can be witnessed everywhere. It took the strata plumber only 3 days in the row to fix a leaky tap in my unit - that's 24 hours of non-stop hard work. Working hard. Messaging harder on iPhones. 65+ hrs weeks ... easy mate. No worries at all. My mate recently bought a brand new unit in a brand new building (6 months old). After heavy rainfalls water from his balcony started leaking into his living room underground (the actual bitumen floor inside got wet). Apparently some structural construction error blah blah. Not important. Quality construction all the way. Easy mate. No worries. We'll patch it up with some quality chewing gums, some stickers and sticks and it's all good. Then we will increase the price by say 50.000$ due to "added value". Those chewing gums are expensive. Inflation damn it. So look on the bright side guys. BULLS will win. Michael Jordan remember? Stay optimistic. ... oh and don't forget to wear a helmet next time you do your grocery shopping. A can of tuna might fall down on your head and cause you an injury. One cannot be careful enough nowadays. Especially wearing a seat-belt when moving at lightning fast speeds (2km an hour) in traffic in your super-charged V8 MONSTER RANGE ROVER VOGUE with 4.7654 V8s for one mum & one kid. The 18 airbags around you are not enough when doing 5km/h on the M2. I know. I'm from Germany but not German.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.