ZIP 0.43% $1.16 zip co limited..

$1 or 80c doesn't matter anymore : at least for me. Lost...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    $1 or 80c doesn't matter anymore : at least for me. Lost 90% of capital on this. And I don't expect to recover all of my capital anymore.

There is a higher probability of broad market sell off next week(US Fed) and there after, one can expect some stability but i have abandoned my wishful thinking that this will ever reach pandemic valuations.

Macro factors might improve over the time but company specific issues such as credit quality, customers retention, bad debt, negative publicity, deb collection process and regulations and so on will continue to appear for whole BNPL sector.

Ultimately, only profit can propel ZIP share price but two biggest leading indicators of company turnaround would be, Bad debt % to revenue; Customers growth/ retention. Once i see improvement on these indicators, i'll start adding more until then no action from my side. If they decrease bad debt via tight lending but failed to retain the customers then that would be worrying sign. Moderate customers growth during debt management strategy is fair and justifiable.

My biggest concern is ZIP board and Senior Management(CEO). How can they not be prepared for Market sell off? They raise an equity when share price is at bottom. When share price was higher, sector was all bullish instead of being pragmatic, risk averse and adopting fiscal discipline they were investing money all over the world. It seems they are no different or competent than us. Then why the hell we should reward them with stock options and higher salary?

Last but not least, all the LT holders who have lost significant amount of money; just hang in there. As I mentioned in my earlier post, i had lost almost 90% on Syrah but still managed to make profit despite share never reaching same valuations as before. Just wait for the turnaround indicators and bet big. Again, SYR and ZIP operates in different industry, i might have been lucky on SYR who is to say and averaging strategy may not be successful on ZIP but its all about risk, reward and luck. For now, its just a waiting game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.16
Change
0.005(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.264B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.13 $12.72M 10.95M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5215 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 31770 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.15
  Change
0.005 ( 1.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.14 1743719
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.