ZIP 0.43% $1.16 zip co limited..

I don't think it will go bust. I don't know if you use...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    I don't think it will go bust. I don't know if you use the BNPL at all but there are millions of customers using it because it's necessity to budget and spread the cost over the duration. As long as demand exist this will stay.

Thinking ZIP will go bust or fly to the moon are part of the extreme thinking. Neither is true.

The biggest boon for BNPL industry would be regulation because if customers refuses to pay back the money I don't think there is really good way to recoup that at the moment and all blamed is put on industry for prying on vulnerable consumers when reality is its the shareholders money some consumers are preying on.

I have used both credit card and BNPl ZiP. I downloaded it because i want to test my experience using ZIP vs Credit card. Interms of Cost, credit card is way more expensive. Everyone knows that so I don't think people will stop using BNPL.

Only way ZIP can recover is by sacrificing growth strategy. Focus on retention of Quality customers, debt management and collection process, diversified products offering such as build credit ratings, diversified lending and you'll see this will do wonder for shareholders.

If they have 11 million customers. They should target generating customers revenue of $80 -82per year. If managed well, who will have problems paying $6-$7 per month on an app that lets you manage your budget and cost, builds credit rating, offer discounts and other services and if you compare same services with credit card; cost is way higher than you pay on BNPL. This will generate company around $900 million revenue per year. They also have merchants fees and come up with other revenue business models as long as customers and merchants demands are there.

So its all about implementation now. Contrary to mass belief; I think inflation will speed up the BNPL adoption among consumers and as Larry pointed out interest rate hike have minimal impact on borrowing cost because of its just short term- less than 3 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.16
Change
0.005(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.264B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.13 $12.72M 10.95M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5215 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 31770 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.15
  Change
0.005 ( 1.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.14 1743719
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.