FID 0.13% $7.55 fiducian group limited

My understanding is that FID doesn't make individual investment...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    My understanding is that FID doesn't make individual investment decisions for its clients centrally. It's not a managed fund. Rather, investors advise clients individually, and clients have a degree of choice in their investments or at least in their choice of fund manager. One would hope that most fund managers have made some attempt to mitigate the current losses, or indeed that their losses have been lower than the average because they chose their investments well! In the event that a client feels poorly served, I imagine they might first consider changing fund managers, rather than ditching FID as their advisor and platform. One hopes...

Certainly all this is bad news for FID, but I think it's better placed to survive than many businesses. Also, FID's growth strategy has been to acquire quality financial planning businesses. Those will be cheaper in the near future. Moreover, a good shakeup like the present one always removes competition from any sector. FID merely needs to be stronger than its competition to mop up some extra market share, and my guess is that it will be. A lack of debt and a track record of conservative stewardship is a good sign.

Having ditched out of this stock in January at around $6, I've have just begun to re-enter with an initial nibble around $3.75. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more downside to come, but I think it's a long-term keeper. It seemed expensive to me at $6, but mostly I was lucky to get out when I did. Let's hope that the current prices prove to be cheap!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FID (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.55
Change
-0.010(0.13%)
Mkt cap ! $236.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.65 $7.65 $7.51 $8.406K 1.104K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 608 $7.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.64 3333 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.55
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.65 $7.65 $7.55 200
Last updated 15.58pm 24/05/2024 ?
FID (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.