BPT 0.41% $1.22 beach energy limited

I bought Santos late last week more & then wondered what I had...

1. 5,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3134
    I bought Santos late last week more & then wondered what I had done, but thought it must soon bounce, though also with STO could not be sure.
    Santos has also serially disappointed.
    Dividends are okay however & I understand it more.
    STO is , or has been also undervalued. I like the greater exposure to gas. Or the greater exposure to gas, which I more understand inc Qld important areas.
    But wow hey.
    I understand that Woodside has also been very volatile for past months

I reduced my risk overall by selling here today .
    Largely also as I am now less inclined to invest where Stokes men are in the box seat.
    I really like the new acting CEO here, very good I think , and that he bought shares recently. I having bought similar level.

Also I had bought OOO last week, and think of it as a hedge against calamity.
    And was now questioning how worth it that also is really now, but it is a position to hold too.
    I just don’t know or want to know and follow oil well enough, wanted more gas exposure than oil.

Primarily I invest in health stocks and some resources that I understand well, and pivoted more to Qld situated resources also. i enjoy more what I am in. Every stock taking efforts always to follow happenings and monitor.

Re your takeover target thinking @g1m0 - the issue is that SVW own such a substantial % .
    Really be hard for any other entity to take a serious interest.

Hence also my actions. Though I hope it goes up for all.
    And I am sure Beach must ultimately manifest, it has been frustrating for everyone.

I have had excitement now both the past two nights after market - PPT late yesterday, and STO today!
    I am therefore, glad very, that I didn’t sell Santos.
    I was prepared to see it bottom, average in $7.20s for what held, but felt it was way overdone sold down and not worth trying to sell when I do choose to own it & into the future .

The price of oil was lower today(Thurs ) and been volatile too.
    The production cuts are occurring says the Saudi prince -however for many reasons, the POO not been jolted higher.
    (Nigeria.& other Africa inc Uganda, Russian exports and less use domestically there & other factors related to their oil being at discount in global markets , with also perhaps slowing global/Chinese demand. )
    But I know —that I do not know truly!

All the best . I did report my own post at once earlier today but is still here. Unusually.
    Thankyou to all.
    Last edited by Aqua65: 08/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.22
Change
-0.005(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.771B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.22 $1.23 $1.20 $11.70M 9.659M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8124 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.22 150856 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.