BPT 0.63% $1.59 beach energy limited

I agree when a major conflict starts you get a jump in the oil...

1. 2,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1312
    I agree when a major conflict starts you get a jump in the oil price but it quickly retreats which means it really has minimal impact on BPT long term.

Since the world got back to semi normal after Covid the average WTI oil price has been around US$84 and currently that price is US$72.79 which is below the average and that's despite the recent Nato strikes on Iranian backed rebels and the war in Ukraine still going on.
    The ban on buying Russian oil has had almost no long term impact on the oil price as China and India bought the surplus oil at a discount and countries in the middle East and USA just increased production to cater for any shortfalls elsewhere.

BPT also sells its oil on the Tapis market at a premium to WTI but this of course does follow WTI swings.

I also think USA politics has very minimal impact on the oil price too long term as its still more about what OPEC does.
    I do however think local politics does have an impact as a major change in Australia's Gas policy would of course have a major impact on BPT.

With only around 30% of BPT revenue now coming from oil sales the oil price is becoming less important but I do agree the oil price has some impact on oversea's gas/LNG prices.
    Until the new projects get fully up and running the bulk of BPT revenue is local gas sales so I don't see oversea's politics having that much of an impact right now on the company.

I think the bulk of the war and politic talk on the forum is more about some people just having too much spare time on their hands and they can have these chats on other forums on hotcopper.

Have a great day

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.59
Change
-0.010(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $3.627B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.61 $1.62 $1.59 $15.07M 9.421M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 154568 $1.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.60 13954 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.60
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.62 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.62 $1.62 $1.59 1587849
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.