All the agonising over fundamentamental v techs is a waste of...

1. 344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    All the agonising over fundamentamental v techs is a waste of time. Everybody here has their own way of looking at markets sometimes we get wins somes we must endure losses.
    Just need to make sure we manage risk according to our own situation.
    As the saying goes "bull make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered."
    There is no correct methodology otherwise everything would be priced to perfection.
    Right now the fundamentals urge caution.
    The technicals suggest a bounce and sentiment has been overdone to the downside indicating upside.
    We just need to ascertain which driver is in the ascendancy.
    FWIW I am looking for the bounce to continue and will watch sentiment. At some stage the market will start ignoring bad news and keep rallying, that is the time for reappraisal. As long as the Europeans do enough to get the debt story off the front pages I will maintain my tactical bullish stance into Xmas.
    But the fundamental issues remain and like a bad penny.....
    Next year Italy has large refunding and there are likely to be issues in China whilst the US cant get anything done.

One thing is clear IMHO that this is not a buy and hold market. Opportunities abound eg check out PVM performance on friday. Just mange risk as best you can so that you can stay in the game when a bull market eventually returns.

There is always something going up, you just have to find it before everyone else.

Good luck

Stocks i like and holdfor different reasons and timeframes are:
    PRU, TRY, PVM in gold & silver
    CPD in platinum
    ELM in potash
    RKN and QFX will be rerated as the market understands their product/profitability

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.