XJO 0.73% 8,017.6 s&p/asx 200

bear market remains in force, page-30

1. 9,803 Posts.
    re: is there any trend forecasting software fedex,
    there is a company in the us that seems to have worked this out but its freaking expensive so I haven't used it. They have software that amongst other things gives you the actual moving average and the forecast moving average some days ahead. Apparantly respectable but is again a black box system. Uses sophisticated math. Been around 20 years. Sorry, can't remember the name, think I came across it on google.

There's also software available to the big companies that gives expected moves on the futures market based on the order queues on the companies in the index. Ever wonder how the futures market always seems to be a little ahead of the xjo. Thats how (one way anyway). Again, freakin expensive and only available from industrial strength data and software suppliers. Worker at the sfe told me about it one day. Most useful for fut traders during the opn/closing auctions. Again no name but I couldn't afford the basic data supply from those companies let alone the add ons. Never did get a name of these guys. Main point I guess is that we're in a market with some very geared up big money players who can move markets a few % when they want to let alone forecast them, so don't feel bad if you're a bit off the speed occasionally. cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.