bear markets social conflict and war , page-58

1. 17,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    re: huge depression coming ... I agree with you Goblin. Yield is the key and rents ARE rising. High rising yields means you can sit out any soft patch that may result from rising interest rates. And who knows where they may end. For that reason I favour using some profits from the stock market so as debt on property is not too high. Or at least have some stocks you don't mind liquidating should the crunch come.

Also agree there are still patches where money can be made. Unfortunately not too many in the "cheapie" market. In SE Qld some inner suburbs look good. I live on an acerage property in the Caboolture Shire(between the sunshine coast and Brisbane) and it seems to rocketed up about 20% in the last couple of years, and that's only since the supposed end of the boom. I have 2 cheapie rental houses in the same shire and they have gone backwards a bit in the same time but growth in rent has been strong and potential renters are knocking you over to get in. And of course the Gold coast, by all reports, continues to power on. Not that I've looked at the GC much as you need a million dollars just to be allowed to visit there for the day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.