beattie finds out labor are bad for business

1. 7,659 Posts.
    Beenleigh small business owner has sweet revenge on sour Labor Government and 'blow-in' Peter Beattie

AS Forrest Gump said: "Life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
    Yesterday, a visit to a Beenleigh chocolate factory turned sour for star Labor candidate Peter Beattie when his host described him as a "blow-in" whose party had damaged the economy and her business.

But yesterday's visit backfired when Poppy's Chocolates owner Lynda Bos confided she wanted Tony Abbott to win the September 7 election.
    Ms Bos, who employs eight staff, said sales had gone "backwards" in the past year "and I feel lucky to be here in 2013".
    "I personally think we need a change of government,'' she told The Courier-Mail.
    "My personal and business experience in the last three years hasn't been very good.
    "I don't think they (Labor) have managed the economy very well.''

Ms Bos said incumbent Forde MP Bert Van Manen, a Liberal, was "fantastic ... a real advocate for business and people in this area".
    "He's born and bred in this area,'' she said.

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/national-news/queensland/beenleigh-small-business-owner-has-sweet-revenge-on-sour-labor-government-and-8216blowin8217-peter-beattie/story-fnii5v6w-1226702347292#ixzz2clSMqkyZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.