PDN 3.75% $10.52 paladin energy ltd

beattie, page-2

1. 4,040 Posts.
    Peter Beattie may retire soon.
    July 01, 2007 11:37am.

PETER Beattie appears set to step down as Queensland Premier within the next 12 months.

Mr Beattie today told the state Labor conference that he may not contest the next election, and endorsed his deputy, Anna Bligh, as the next Premier of Queensland, saying she was a very talented young woman.

He stressed the importance of the party renewing itself to retain public support.

"Premier Anna Bligh has a definite ring to it," Mr Beattie told conference delegates.

"John Howard had stayed too long as Prime Minister ... I will not do that.

"Some time in the next year, before we meet again at conference, I will have to make a decision as to whether I lead this party at the next election or not."

Mr Beattie, who celebrated his ninth year as premier last week, had previously indicated he would stay at least until the next election.

The change of heart comes after his wife, Dr Heather Beatie, retired from her position in nursing education on Friday.

He said today it would be a very difficult decision to leave and the decision would be influenced by what was good for Queensland and what was good for the Labor Party.

He ruled out a move to federal politics.

Previously, Mr Beattie had said he wanted to stay in power to see the water grid implemented and southeast Queensland's water crisis relieved. He denied today that stepping down would be renegging on that commitment, saying the water grid was well on the way.

He Will Not Be Lost In Queensland.
    Early Christmas coming To Qld. :)

Could This spell New Interest In Queensland Uranium Exploration mmmm No Doubt It Will & John Borshoff Has Known for A Long While The Benefits That Will Follow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.52
Change
0.380(3.75%)
Mkt cap ! $3.145B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.43 $10.60 $10.31 $22.00M 2.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 39693 $10.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.54 1500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.