NCK 1.77% $14.91 nick scali limited

"NCK will easily do +14.1% Sales in H2, could do +17.1% Sales."...

1. 16,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8124
    "NCK will easily do +14.1% Sales in H2, could do +17.1% Sales."

@ray_dalio_fan,

Given NCK's total sales growth for Q1FY2019 was 12% (sames store sales growth was 2%), if they get to 14% for the full-year I'll buy you a goldfish.

And if they hit 17% I'll buy your goldfish a nice big bowl.

And then there's the issue of what the gross profit margin will do in coming periods given the A$'s fall over the course of the past 12 months.

Don't get me wrong; NCK is a fine retailer with best-of-breed management whose interests are aligned with shareholders. But when even good retailers meet a cyclical downturn in discretionary spending, the cycle always wins.
    See chart below.

In 2008/9 the GFC caused consumer confidence to slump and in 2012 there was also a downturn in consumer sentiment. Across both of those periods NCK had growing store numbers.

NCK EBIT.JPG

As for your question/observation of, "What does it mean when Insiders buy stock? It tells you more than Insiders selling, as Insiders buying know more! The Chairman put $$ in.", it doesn't mean that much at all to me when "insiders" buy stock.

Because, in this case, the person buying the stock has clear expertise in presiding over the Board of Directors of a publicly-listed company. To the best of my knowledge he has no experience in investment management nor does he have any track record of picking stocks.

So, while I have no doubt that the chairman of the board of directors knows a darn lot about governance, strategic oversight, risk management, stewardship of shareholder capital, stakeholder engagement and the those sorts of things that pertain to his job, what I am less sure about is his ability to be able to discern the dynamics and nuances of capital markets.

And going by history, namely that he acquired more than $400,000 worth of shares a little over 12 months ago (see below), when the share price was 35% higher than it is today, I think somewhat vindicates my philosophy of never basing my investing decisions on what others happen to be doing (and that includes company executives and even professional investors).

nck chair stocks.JPG

"I had to come on here and correct you."

You can correct factual errors, but you can't correct opinions.
    Last edited by madamswer: 28/12/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.91
Change
0.260(1.77%)
Mkt cap ! $1.270B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.71 $15.03 $14.70 $3.369M 226.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 596 $14.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.95 6205 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.