Next week, I'll be trading with a partner, my daughter...

1. 1,485 Posts.
    Next week, I'll be trading with a partner, my daughter "Copiicat". This is my long-awaited week off from real work (Database Administration). We'll have 3 computers set up between us. One will have Westpac Trader Pro running (that will be mine of course). The others will have Hotcopper, ASX, Incredible Charts, News, Hotmail, and other applications open constantly. There will also be a whiteboard, Fin Reviews, heaps of scribbling paper and Postit notes.

Has anyone ever traded in a group or with a partner? Are there any strategies or tasks that the "apprentice" can be given to occupy 5-6 hours a day? Any ideas will be appreciated.

I'm actually quite nervous. My biggest fear is that I get off to a bad start and have to execute a stop loss early, dropping $200-300 at a time. I don't want to trade just for the sake of it either, but I'm looking forward to riding some fresh opportunities, unlike my situation in my day job where I read about FAR, BCC, etc, long after they've got ballistic.

Most importantly, I need to keep calm if things go sour. This is a 4-day exercise, with Wednesday devoted to a trip into the city (with Copiicat) to attend the WAA annual meeting (I'm a sharehoder).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.