TBN 8.82% 18.5¢ tamboran resources corporation

I should have also added that, relative to oil, gas has...

1. 187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I should have also added that, relative to oil, gas has historically been immobile, and was only made mobile within the reach of a pipeline. That overabundance of gas production in established areas has kept the price down to silly levels.

LNG helps, but only if your own local and National governments have a political will or ability. For example, in Canada the gas price can be below CDN$1/mmcf for the majority of the year, sometimes it gets to the point where companies pay to have it taken away. This is due to transport costs to the US, the fact that in many areas that gas is a byproduct of light oil production. (Note pipeline profitability)

LNG was stalled there by the federal government with environmental regulations, principally for political purposes.

The Beetaloo wil not have the 'gas as a byproduct' of oil production issue due to the maturity of the basin and the absence of the play types within the Country. And pricing will be incredibly stubborn due to the relative volume of export capacity vs domestic market size. Essentially, the macro is right for great prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.