Before he speaks on Rafah...., page-170

1. 17,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    well it’s not just oh so convenient. The concept of ministerial responsibility is indeed part of the Westminster system but given that it involves a minister resigning for errors made by departments under their control you tell me how accountability of that type can possibly occur now years after the event, after he is no longer in parliament and certainly no longer a minister. You could always suggest that he has already been held to account by his own electorate

so you are either trying to achieve useless point scoring that is as many of your posts hopelessly ill-informed or you are continuing to pretend you know something that you don’t

and in case you want to debate it many decades ago I was secretary to a committee examining freedom of information (I am named in the report) which included brilliant constitutional lawyers and the concept of ministerial responsibility was a critical element of these considerations. It was also part of the considerations when changes were made to the way public service heads were hired. I could describe some of the complexity around this but no need to bore you with facts

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.