before i vote on saturday , i'll remember -

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hi,

I realise that many will think this should be posted on the 'Politics' forum, but I disagree. What follows does not specifically refer to Oz politics, nor international politics, nor politics per se at all.

It refers to me and to some of 'you'.

Therefore - before i vote on Saturday , I'll remember -

1. Governments do not make any substantive thing. They do not produce anything that makes money!

2. Governments do not make money. They have it because you and I once did. They don't earn it but simply legislate to take it.

3. They then decide what they will do with your money and mine.

4. This only becomes of concern to most of them when an election is in the wind. At that stage, they seek the opinion of a myriad of 'focus' groups.

5. Based on the reports/findings of the 'focus' groups, the party leaders then promise enormous sums of money (taken from me and you) to "resolve" the problem/problems drawn to their attention by
    the australian people

6. The main stream media plays along with this and feeds into it and from it. Australians are encouraged to "be concerned"

Gone are the days of serious journalism from the media outlets read/heard/viewed by mainstream Australia.

7. Elections now have collapsed into a 'Presidential' style format. The Australian public seems compelled to base their vote on the attributes of one or other of the party leaders - but surely that is not what the government of Australia is or should be about.

I could go on and on.

I won't.... but I did need to post this.

all the best to all of us, we the Australian people.

dub

ps. Remember point 1.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.