DaveI've had a google and can't find any reference to him and...

1. 18,561 Posts.
    Dave

I've had a google and can't find any reference to him and his "comrades" (I bet he'd luv that description) being confined.

In his condolences speeches in the Senate there is reference to Hopevale and his work on establishing the community after the war, but no reference to during the war.

This from Flo in another interview:

"And Joh himself actually, had a lot to do with changing Hopevale Mission during the war of course, because they were under a German church. You know, they classed the Lutheran church as a church from Germany. Because they were under that they said, 'Oh they were a big risk', away up there, in the north of Queensland, and they took them (the aborigines) to Woorabinda. And after the war was over Joh worked hard to get those people back up to North Queensland. He went up. He looked for a site so that Hopevale Mission could be established there, and I didn't think that they (the aborigines) were restricted in ... in any ways really like that.."

Seems to me there's not a lot in this - Joh in FNQ during the war transmitimg what? lol

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.