Beginning trader, page-9

1. 3,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    @TGlenn

Many were calling the market to go even lower after the drop in March '20.

So with that in mind, when do you buy? When do you sell? How do you determine a correction is finished?
    How do you make money consistently in the market?

You asked about buying BPT and asked it on the BPT thread where most holders will have an emotional bias towards what they hold.

Lets use it as an objective example:
    some will tell you its easy in hindsight however if you can get good at timing your entries and exits you will do very well IMHO and you will use hindsight to confirm the decsions youve already made!

If you look at BPT technically, in Oct 2017 @ $0.85 approx (this is when it offered a clear reversal to the upside) you could have held till Feb 2020 when most technical sysytems would have offered you an exit (stop loss) at $2.40.

That is nearly 2 1/2 years that BPT was trending up, so this isnt looking at tea leaves or the stars as some might tell you, this is genuine technical analysis.

The stop loss offered in Feb 2020 (if you followed a true TA program) would have saved you the pain of watching BPT fall toa low of $0.92 in April 2020 - giving back virtually all of your gains in approx 7 weeks

Would I buy BPT now? Personally no, as there are so many stocks offering greater opportunity heading in an upward direction with greater momentum. (I do note however a short term trade is possible atm)

I note a comment on the BPT thread is, I"ve been holding for a year and i'm happy", ask yourself if you would like to invest your money for a year and make nothing or have been in a stock that over the last 12 months has doubled - 10 times your money - what would you rather? (APT, DEG as two examples)

Learning your entries and exits and using a stop loss is a crucial part as the example with BPT shows, you can use this example across the market!

Read some Technical analysis books and it will kick you off with some great learning material that many choose to ignore.

Good luck with your endeavours

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.