behead placard - pru gowards comments, page-52

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Now I want to bring a perfect analogy into this. I know there are many who are philosophically anti-Israel and the so-called Zionist threat.

If you can put aside any prejudice for one moment and look at the analogy of their situation.

Imagine what Israel experiences every minute of the day. It is a country roughly one quarter the size of Tasmania (most people do not realise this), surrounded by multiple layers of neighbours who are not just protesting about Israel - they simply want to eradicate the place. The neighbours do not want peace.

Israel is a tiny but strong nation. People associate Israel with strength, whether you like them or not - why? There is no second chance for them. If they were not hardline in their attitude toward the more fanatical of their neighbours, they would be wiped out. The nation is on permanent tenterhooks for good reason. Despite its neighbours' hatred, they do have respect for Israel's hardline stance.

Forget any other prejudices - just compare the feeling we have right now when we have nutcases amongst us calling for beheading etc and ultimately a change in law. Everyone here is calling for a hardline approach to those with this crazy attitude. Maybe we should be taking a leaf out of Israel's book and standup for what we believe in. I'm not talking about wars - I'm talking about standing up and telling and showing the fanatics that we will not be walked over.

We cannot afford Political Correctness.

To be blunt, we must be Selfish as a nation and put ourselves first and put anyone who does not respect our beliefs last.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.