Beijing orders Australian Government not to stockpile weapons, page-44

1. 17,931 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1004
    This year I have bought a new washing machine that didn't last the first wash. (made in China). I bought a new Pop riveter to replace one 15 years old, It stopped working properly after about 10 rivets. (made in China). My battery hedger lasted 1 week after the guarantee expired. (made in China). My TV wifi modern lasted 2 years and 6 months. (made in China). My remote door bell stopped working after 14 months (Made in China). My battery charger for my battery drills lasted 2 years. (made in China). I gave my son an air compressor that had been working for 30 plus years and bought one made in China that lasted 3 years. Wooden handled tools usually need the handles replaced with Australian hardwood within weeks. To quickly name a few.
    I have Sidchrome tools 70 years old and used regularly that are as good now as they were when I first got them. I have a socket set that I inherited that is so old it went through Tobrook, Palestine then Port Moresby that will shift the hardest nut with the help of a hammer without failing. I have a 6" vyce that is around 100 years old. I inherited it in a shearing shed at I property I once owned. I've had it for 40 years. It can be used as an anvil and works as good as new.

Nothing to do with racism. Just facts. As for making tools; Part of a basic fitters course I did when I joined up in 1951 was to make a screwdriver, a spanner and an electric soldering iron which I still have and still use. The soldering iron was fashioned from basic materials with even the element being wound after the selected length chosen using a resistance meter to give 500 watts, same with the screwdriver and the spanner which were oil tempered. Are your tools trophy ornaments in a hobby workshop.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.