I would agree, except history is littered with examples of...

1. 8,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 990
    I would agree, except history is littered with examples of countries, tribes being unprepared to defend themselves. As they say, the price of peace is eternal vigilance. And there is no point in vigilance if you don't have the weapons to defend yourself.

The world has been exceptionally accommodating to China in the last couple of decades. But China has fairly consistently failed to reciprocate.

It's recent massive military build up when there is no threat, coupled with its more belligerent attitude to comments or observations by other countries does not bode well for peace.

Quite simply, China could have told the world about the coronavirus much earlier and asked for help, but no, it chose another path that has devastated many economies and caused the deaths of many thousands. Does China accept any responsibility? No!! Instead, it bares its teeth at friends and behaves like the bully it is now showing itself to be.

True, we don't need conflict, but I fear that sooner or later, it's coming, and I want to be prepared.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.