LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

being shorted like crazy

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    ASX short sales show LYC has been shorted to the tune of about 34% on each of the last few days.

Looks like the shorters have it by the scruff of the neck yet again today.

Apart from the moral implications of shorting (personally, I think shorting should be banned, but that's just me, and I don't want to start the whole shorting argument again), this is being manipulated by the big end of town to their own profit.

LYC being pushed down hard by the bots and shorters, then gobbled up at lower prices to let it rise again. Then repeat on the next day.

Anyone who falls for this, and panics and sells into a falling market which is being shorted and manipulated like this one is in LYC is just asking for their shares to be nabbed by the big boys, so they can make a profit on them later.

This is NOT sentiment driving the price down each day - it's shorting and bot selling, pure and simple, triggering panic sales and margin calls.

I'm holding tight, as it WILL bounce. And given my average buy price is still only about 40c, I have a lot of leeway to hang in there.

The reality of LYC will catch up to fundamentals soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.