BOC 15.0% 48.0¢ bougainville copper limited

belcol july 9

1. 1,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Source: Post-Courier

Compo to renew relations
    By ROMULUS MASIU

THE compensation that will be paid out by Rio Tinto subsidiary Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL) is not to re-open the Panguna mine.
    This was the clearance from the reconciliation events and grounds committee in Arawa, which brushed aside speculation from the general public that the bel kol is for the re-opening of the mine.
    After eight meetings since 2010, July 9 this year has been set aside for the bel kol ceremony to take place where the leadership of BCL and Rio Tinto will participate in the ceremony in Arawa.
    Representative of the bel kol events committee Luke Aksilly told this newspaper that BCL will not open the mine after the compensation but this will mark the ground breaking ceremony enabling the construction of BCL’s liaison office in Arawa.
    “The purpose of the bel kol is to re-establish relations between BCL and the people of Bougainville, which was severed during the crisis.
    “It will pave the way for BCL to reestablish a presence in Arawa, presence of BCL in Arawa is critical with regard to timelines for negotiating the future of Panguna mine.” Year zero ‘0’ begins when BCL is on the ground, Mr Aksilly said, adding that BCL cannot properly scope urgent infrastructure maintenance, conduct pre and full feasibility studies, and hence decide whether or not to go ahead with the Panguna mine until it is on the ground and has access to the mine site.
    The bel kol will come in three packages for North, Central and South Bougainville with a Memorandum of Understanding to be signed by BCL and Bougainville parties namely Ex-Combatants, Panguna Landowners, Me’ekamui and the Autonomous Bougainville Government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
-0.085(15.0%)
Mkt cap ! $192.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.5¢ 52.0¢ 48.0¢ $40.52K 80.13K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2129 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 2500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.