Look, none of us has a clue. I rave on, but in truth I don't...

1. 6,471 Posts.
    Look, none of us has a clue. I rave on, but in truth I don't have the slightest idea what any of this means. When I say, Cause, that's just a word, I don't know what the implication of a Cause is. G.d is just a word, a concept, outside of human comprehension.

And I agree with you, the universe is 100% effect, the cause is outside of that effect, but it's nothing I can comprehend. And yes, everything outside of physical reality is faith based, imagination or a flight of fancy, there is an ultimate truth, an absolute, but we are not built for ultimate truth or any state of absolute. We are creatures of a relative state. And don't be too worried about faith, we are up to our back teeth in faith and fantasy.

The problem is, humans are born with an indelible brand in our psyche of WHY. Most of us are driven by, WHY. It is reasonable logic to accept that a more profound reality exists beyond this one, and it's also reasonable to hypothesis that there is a Causing agent for us and physical reality, but you are not wrong to accept our reality is all there is because in truth it is all there is. None of us can transcend the limits of being human.

There is a possibility though, that the ultimate reality has Caused us for a purpose and that the reason for this purpose has something to do with transitioning an animal, born from natural order, into the state of being human. Imagine the process involved of gradually delivering an animal to the state of being human? We are being required to transcend millions of years of conditioning, instinct and self-survival at all cost to recognise G.d.

WHY, because in a sense the universe and G.d do not exist without us. The independent is fulfilled by the dependant. The more human we become in a spiritual, cognitive sense the higher the acuity of the existence of G.d and the universe become.

And it might be that something of this ultimate reality bleeds through its intent into our dimension by the use of Messengers, conduits such as Jesus and Buddha, after all, human society and the city state was founded on religious beliefs and that's why we are here today.

And once again I'm raving on and don't have a clue.

That was a good post and you posed a great question worthy of its own thread.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.