SFR 6.08% $8.72 sandfire resources limited

Ok, all of that info seems to be from the 24.09.09 issue from...

1. 133 Posts.
    Ok, all of that info seems to be from the 24.09.09 issue from Steven Thomas at BP and no further revisions have been made in October.

I'll applaud Thomas at BP for having a crack at trying to value a resource given so many variables, drilling updates and trying to factor in longer term price assumptions. His reputation in regard analyising a companies mineral economics is on the line and he must be feeling confident enough to give it coverage.

As Simich mentioned in his recent presentation to the Rising Stars conference, Bell Potters future pricing assumptions for their modelling were very conservative.

In regard to US$3/lb copper prices... Sounds great. Not so great if the AUD is at parity or stronger.

For me currency assumption is the biggest variable and the hardest to predict. Arguably the re-shaping of FOREX markets and carry-trades will be the greatest legacy of the GFC. If these assumptions prove to be incorrect interfere with modelling predictions is effected enormously. I'm glad that Thomas has been conservative with it and I hope he continues to be so.

So far we have from the report: Total Resource (Non JORC) 6.0mt grading 5.7% Cu (& 2.0g/t Au) for 340kt Cu (375k oz Au) --- from September 24th.

I wonder what Bell Potters manuel polygonal estimate looks like now after the recent drill hits not factored into the last report. They are rather impressive.

Hopefully some other analysts will be brave enough to write a report on SFR in this early stage of discovery. It would be interesting to see if there are any major differences.

Still risk with SFR here, but very happy to be holding for more drilling results and a maiden JORC. Anyone else got any better places to park money and take some risk during a resource definition? IVA, RXM, CDU etc?

I wonder what Karl has done with his newly acquired few million in cash.

Good luck to all holders.

As always, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.72
Change
0.500(6.08%)
Mkt cap ! $3.988B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.55 $8.72 $8.53 $27.49M 3.187M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26710 $8.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.73 9253 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.