MSB 4.69% $1.45 mesoblast limited

Bell Potter valuation, page-133

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 133
    During a myocardial infarction (heart attack) there is a blockage usually by a thrombus (clot) in the coronary artery reducing or completely stopping blood flow to an area of the heart. We are at a stage now where administration of thrombolytics is occurring within prehospital care unless there is a PCI facility nearby. One of the issues that occurs post clot removal or breakdown is reperfusion injury. Reperfusion injury to the myocardium is caused by the restoration of blood flow and in turn oxygen and nutrients etc. after a period of ischemia and infarction where inflammatory mediators have been released (interlukins, oxygen free radicals etc) . This condition causes inflammation and damage to the myocardium post reperfusion. I could envision that one day stem cells could be used post lysis or PCI to reduce reperfusion injury for sure. Another circumstance where a similar process occurs is during stroke (both haemorrhagic and ischemic - this includes traumatic brain injury) again I could absolutely imagine this being a potential treatment with what we have seen with agvhd and LVAD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
0.065(4.69%)
Mkt cap ! $1.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.39 $1.50 $1.38 $7.016M 4.856M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10425 $1.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 44243 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.