PER 10.0% 11.0¢ percheron therapeutics limited

KPKG - I haven't read that before but also haven't seen anything...

1. 35,751 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    KPKG -

I haven't read that before but also haven't seen anything else on it yet so not sure but I guess it will be known in time. That's the problem with so many new MS drugs very little is really known about them until long after they have been approved. It's one of the reasons why Copaxone continues with such a large following among individuals is it now has over 15 years of use in market that gives a much greater picture. It's also one of the drugs that has a very long life in which people can continue to use it for. Most drugs have short lives with each person before they need to switch (I think Tysabri is 2 to 3 years). Also many of the drugs don't work or aren't tolerated by everyone therefore the more options out there the better.

"what gets recommended in Australia?"

It's varied & really comes down to what the neurologist views as the best option to tackle each individuals disease. Diagnosis and people are allocated a nurse from the MS Society, neurologist will run over options of either wait & see approach or various drug therapies obviously highlighting what they think will be the most beneficial based on their view of clinical exam / MRI / trigger. Nurse will then arrange an appointment to discuss each or all of the drugs or options available then obviously it's up to the individual to make their decision at some point in the future. It's a pretty open book.

I don't take any medication but have altered the lifestyle & remain relapse free with only 2 new legions in the past 3 years. It's worked really well & even residual symptoms have started to disappear over the past 18 months although occasional flare ups with either high stress or sharp changes in weather. In saying that though Neuro initially suggested Tysabri which I turned down but took a Copaxone scrip never used. My play has been I stick with lifestyle changes that has worked so well for many until the point I have a significant event in which case I will reassess my options.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.