CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

Their Kalia iron ore project is not far from CFE/Pinnacle's...

1. 1,943 Posts.
    Their Kalia iron ore project is not far from CFE/Pinnacle's Sandenia.

Infrastructure support for flagship project on track, says Bellzone.

Mon 04 Jul 2011

LONDON (SHARECAST) - West-Africa focused iron ore producer Bellzone Mining said it is on track to begin construction of a rail corridor and port that will be used to transport the iron ore from its flagship project site, Kalia Mine in Guinea.

Bellzone said the design option for the port layout will be reviewed by it and its joint venture partner China International Fund, which has agreed to fund the development of the infrastructure support for the mine. The preferred option for the layout will be used as the basis of the detailed feasibility study.

In addition to the port, the company said the route for the first 74 kilometres of the railway from the proposed port at Matakan to Moussaya has been agreed in principle with the government and an aerial survey has also been completed.

Bellzone said the detailed feasibility report for the rail and the port structures are expected to be completed in the fourth-quarter of 2011.

"We are very pleased with the quantity and quality of work completed to date and in such a short time on the Kalia Rail and Port project. This has established the necessary building blocks that will allow the smooth transition from feasibility study into project execution. This will be evident during the start of the construction work planned for early 2012," Bellzone's director of projects Bryan Pearce said.

Shares of the AIM-listed company shot up 6.5% to 45p in early morning trade in London.

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=4334551

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.