MSB 2.08% 94.0¢ mesoblast limited

Madamswer I appreciate your insights and analysis you willingly...

1. 57 Posts.
    Madamswer

I appreciate your insights and analysis you willingly share with HotCopper users. I take it as objective; a subjective investor (gambler) takes it personal. They obviously have blinders on and faithfully believe they have picked a winner thus they try to run you out of town.

I am a greenhorn at best, however, I have high hopes for myself to learn fundamental analysis.

So far, i think inside of a box.

I can look at the numbers and see strong fundamentals; growing revenue, good margins, little or falling debt, good return on capital, return on equity etc. I see what appear to be solid companies. Sorry but here goes, (LHC, SUL, SNL, ARP, CCL, EMB, MND, WOR, DTL, AUB, SGH, SHJ) to name a few. There are no clear winners for me as I try to understand which companies will thrive going into the future. My analysis has little depth to penetrate past the ratio values. The economy, commodity price, currency and even share price give me more of a gut feeling which of these might be worth investing in than do any analysis I exact. Investing based on gut feeling gives me a tremor. I hope one day, fundamental analysis will provide a clearer picture of what a share is really worth going forward. For now, I remain little more than a punter (with much crying). Really, I think any one of these is worth adding to a portfolio at the right price. I agree that ruling out risk is the way to go as much as looking for performance. I agree with the 10 rules, ie: 2-9: don't forget rule #1. I want to not to lose money more than I want to make money. I want to preserve my capital.

Anyway, Madamswer, I know I am not alone in appreciating your insights. At the risk of devolving into a sycophant, I continue to look forward to your posts and try to glean whatever nuggets I can to improve my investing ability.

It does look like there might be some value creeping back into the market these days.
    Apologies to MSB thread.
    Cheers
    Pappy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.0¢
Change
-0.020(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $1.073B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 97.0¢ 93.5¢ $1.424M 1.507M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 29390 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 14089 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.