ben cousins sacked, page-35

1. 28 Posts.
    Warnie,

I couldn't agree with u more. The guy is paid to play football, not to be a role model for all others in society.

I actually can't understand professional football's stance on drugs. What these guys do in their own time in the offseason is of no consequence to their job as a footballer. If I am on holidays and decide to take an antidepressant because one of my good friends recently passed away, I doubt that my employer wouldn't fire me.

In the case of Ben Cousins, his issue should be between him and the police/courts. It has nothing to do with the AFL this time around. The guy has had drug problems for a long time, there is no doubting that, but it is pretty obvious that he is a marked man who's time has eventually run out.

I'm a Carlton fan through and through, but will certainly miss seeing Ben run around if in fact he has played his last game. Such a shame that the authorities and the league are willing to lose one of the best players of our era to prove a point, and a pretty weak one at that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.