ben cousins sacked, page-45

1. 17,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    cool nater, nicely said.

Did see this quote

Chief Executive Officer Andrew Demetriou says "Cousins will no longer be part of the AFL competition and needs to concentrate on regaining his health and getting his life in order."

I agree its probably the best thing for him but how is that AD can make the decision, has he broken any AFL player rules , none that im aware of.

Can see his lawyers suing the AFL if hes not allowed to play again because he has issues.

I understand that the drugs are the issue, however I feel footy would help him focus and perhaps cure himself too, maybe not in Perth but interstate, remember he has been caught "off season"

Maybe hes had time away from footy "off season" and thats when he has fallen into the drug party mood again, makes sense, why cant they try help him, wack him in the draft on the proviso hes right to go next year,put him on a restricted pay plan of sorts, they could drug test him every day if they want to, these funds could be deducted by his salary if need be, just a thought, I feel they again are giving up on a bloke that needs help, taking away the other thing he loves doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Anyway im no expert maybe its best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.