@PhantomGWW; thanks for detailing your insights and concerns,...

1. 47,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @PhantomGWW; thanks for detailing your insights and concerns, rest assured I share most of them.

Re Ben Roberts-Smith, from what I gather he chose not to testify / not to be cross-examined as part of the defamation trial. We're therefore left with the findings of the court and since this wasn't a RC they're pretty much been called war crimes.

After John Howard committed Australia to helping the US invade Iraq on the back of what were later exposed as false allegations Saddam Hussein's regime had WMDs, he was never held to account.

Since WW2 our political leaders have committed Australians to fight in places including Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, East Timor ... we lost almost all of them and our defence personnel, their families and friends have paid the price - NOT our political leaders.

My aversion to warmongering is well-known on this forum and does NOT target our defence personnel - including those on the front line. IMO it's morally wrong to allow Executive Government to make the call committing Australians to war knowing that they'll NEVER-EVER be held to account!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.