bendigo bank closes mosque protesters acct.

1. 7,471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    From BOLT blog 8/4" A bank is standing by its decision to close the account of a protest group which is fighting plans to build a mosque in the Victorian city of Bendigo.

The Bendigo Bank last week informed the Stop the Mosque group that it was closing the group’s account, saying the bank only wants to do business with organisations that share its values.

The group was raising funds for its fight against a mosque which is proposed for a site near Bendigo’s airport.

The bank’s decision has drawn criticism on social media, while local councillor Elise Chapman has accused the bank of trying to be the ‘moral police’.

THIS decision is outrageous and i have sent the following email to Bendigo bank and urge others to boycott their products:-

Dear sir,
    I am engaging all my clients and customers in conversation about your bank`s decision to close the account of a group protesting about construction of a mosque . Your role as bankers are not to act as moral guardians imposing your "righteous" values on your clients. Closing their account is blackmail! Where will it end ? Will you judge your customers who have committed adultery, drink driving or deposited illicit money similarly and close their accounts. I am strongly recommending to my acquaintances they should where possible close their and cease to do any other business with your bank. Yours faithfully----

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.