AGY 2.38% 4.1¢ argosy minerals limited

Personally I don't believe for a second Jerko would have Rincon...

1. 2,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1265
    Personally I don't believe for a second Jerko would have Rincon as the only company play, just from knowing the way he operates planning way ahead into his business plan. I'm not ramping I just think it's Business Management 101 to have a business plan with a vision 2-5yrs into the future. Particularly in such an escalating super hot commodity market as we have with Lithium. Not to mention the hot commodity AGY has in Pablo Alluralde.

When you look at the phases that Rincon has gone through already, from purchase to first brine in ponds earlier this year, a new project with a pathway mapped out has to start very soon, probably next 3-6 months. Could be anything, be it Qinghai Lake via a China JV, additions to Rincon, or expanding into other parts of SA or even the US. Letting Pocitos and Mina Teresa go for obvious reasons was probably against their better judgement as I would assume they looked at them strategically in the first place as prospective opportunities based on Pablo's local knowledge of the area.

Scaling up production in my opinion will be academic almost a no-brainer. If you can produce LiC through a 500Tpa plant which is planned on being proven at stage 1. An easy way of scaling up is to go modular, simply repeating the same plant 4x for 2000Tpa and so on. Economies of scale probably dictates up-sizing equipment is cheaper to build and run. I'm guessing that decision will be determined by the extraction process Pablo has in mind.

Go modular is next to no risk, up-size is higher risk as the process might not scale up as well. Up-sizing also requires design work rather than a rinse and repeat scenario. For those in the mining, LNG or refining/processing industries or similar would know this as it's common practice.
    Last edited by Mutley8: 16/10/17
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
-0.001(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $59.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 4.0¢ $257.1K 6.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 1835821 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 143113 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.