AGY 13.6% 9.2¢ argosy minerals limited

Benign Banter & Price Predictions, page-5587

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    The very first lesson I learnt of a responsible investment approach is: don't sell out of panic. Actually, don't do anything out of panic.

It costed me $100k to learn that lesson. I entered GXY between 09/10 2016, average price $1.615 (or pre-consolidation price $0.323).

After the SP doubled 3 months later in 01 2017, it went into a mini-bear-cycle for the 6 months that followed. That bear was a surprise (at least to me) and, out of panic and lost-of-faith, I sold all GXY holdings in 07 2017. Ironically, just 1 month before it took off and doubled again.

Why did I sell? What was I panicked about?

Did the global macro change during that time? No.
    Did GXY's fundamental change during that time? No.
    Did GXY appear to be lying or untruthful about sensitive information? No.
    Does ASIC's rules and regulations protect me if GXY was caught lying or misleading in the disclosure of sensitive information? Yes.

However, the mm's subtle initiation of selling cycle turned into a uncontrolled, fantasised imagination of negativity. Most GXY holders in HC will still vividly remember the wildest conspiracy theories that spawned out during those times. From a hostile takeover to earthquake in WA.

When you panic, the sense of judgement and discernment leaves your system. Everything said by everyone, all of a sudden, seemed plausible.

When you are blind, you will trust whoever takes your hand and leads you. Only to regret where you are when vision is restored and senses returned.

This is not a investing advise. Buy or sell, your call.

This, however, is an encouragement to those who are panicking.

Take a deep breadth, rise up above your own emotion and mm's manipulation (yes, I call this manipulation, there is no better term to describe the motivation of those who attempts to create panic and fear when both macro and micro is healthy) before you take any steps.

Call AGY if you are worried about anything AGY has disclosed. You are a shareholder, then act like one!

You are better than that!
    Last edited by FaithfulServant: 05/02/18
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
0.011(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $133.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 9.6¢ 8.3¢ $761.7K 8.626M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14047 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.